Inez Blackburn - Leadership Profile
- Part-time Instructor in Marketing, University of Toronto
- Managing Director C2MIT - Canadian Centre for Marketing Information Technologies
- Featured speaker Harvard Business School, Institute for International Research, Electronic Commerce Council
- Extensive business analysis experience in many industry sectors
Overview: Inez Blackburn has a background delivering significant profit, market share and customer satisfaction enhancements achieved by deploying leading edge business intelligence.
Signature Value: the ability to transform data into information and merge cost control, revenue growth and CQI [continuous quality improvement] perspectives to synergistically enhance organizational integration.
Business Intelligence: conducted consumer research on Understanding Consumer Trends for leading north American enterprises. Conducted activity based costing [ABC] studies for leading retailers to boost profitability by increasing commitments to private label vs. National brands. Developed customer business development plans using data mining tools & technologies to gauge key account dynamics. Early adopter of data mining/warehousing [DM/W], Balanced Scorecard, and flexible matrix management technologies.
Operational Management: advertising and marketing (all inclusive from art- and copy-directing communications, selecting media and brand profiles, to selecting data mining criteria), team building (1996-2002)
Strategic Financial Planning: activity based budgeting/costing [ABB/ABC]; competitive, demographic, sociographic, psychographic market analyses; distribution economics; economic forecasting.
Industry Contributions (recent): conducted seminars on The ABC's of e-Commerce--The Internet vs. Intranets and Extranets for the Conference Board of Canada (1999) and customized training sessions on Future of the Supply Chain, How the Internet is Changing ALL the Rules, Direct to Consumer, Friend or Foe for DuPont, IBM, Canadian Council for Grocery Distributors, and Electronic Council of Canada (1995-2001). Featured speaker at numerous Industry Conferences focused on Retailing, the Millennium Consumer, Maximizing Performance and Marketing on the Internet for Canadian ECR and EFR Conference, ScanTech Conference Singapore, Electronic Commerce Council of Canada, and Food Marketing Institute (1990-2001).
Professional Development Training: developed and conducted customized Sales and Marketing training seminars on Customer Satisfaction and Strategic Marketing for NRI Industries, IBM Global Distribution Solutions and GEIS, Dupont, and Canada Trust (1997-2001). Developed and conducted customized seminars and training sessions for leading technology companies on Understanding your Customer's Customer and Increasing Customer Service through Technology. Prepared Customized Performance Measurement and Global Marketing seminars for a range of clients including Seagram, DuPont, Canada Trust, GE Information Services, BCE Emergis, Bell Nexxia, IBM, AT&T (1997-2002). Developed Internet & eCom strategic plans for Paramount Canada's Wonderland, Bell Emergis, Bell Nexxia, Electronic Commerce Council of Canada, Seagram Canada, Benjamin Moore and DuPont Canada. Developed integrated Performance Measurement and Activity Based Costing seminars using the Balanced Scorecard Approach for an array of prestigious clients including BCE Emergis, Dylex, Bank of Montreal, Canada Trust Canadian Bankers Associations and Interac).
Keynote Speaker Engagements (recent): Canadian Banking Association, "Distribution Economics--Clicks versus Bricks" (2002); Retail Council of Canada and Food Marketing Institute, "Emerging Demographics--How will it Affect your Business Plan?" (2001); Global ECR and EFR, ScanTech, SAS, IBM, Electronic Commerce Council of Canada, and Food Marketing Institute conferences and forums, "Retailing in the Millennium" (1999-2001).
Education: Honours Bachelor of Arts, Commerce and Economics, University of Toronto (May 1983) followed by Master-level courses in Statistics and Econometrics. 4th Level CGA Status. Canadian Securities Course (1984).
RECENT PERFORMANCE MILESTONES
- HR--Developed one of Canada's first Internet Application for recruitment through data mining on the Internet for Paramount Canada's Wonderland.
- Productivity Improvement and process re-engineering project
- Developed Business and Marketing plans for Dupont's acquisition of Brookdale and achieved sales and growth rate over 20%.
- Demand Forecasting--leading member of team responsible for developing an econometric forecasting and price sensitivity model for promotion planning to maximize sales performance and customer satisfaction for personal computers for the Technology Forecasting Division and developed forecasting modules for AC Nielsen to predict future demand for personal computers and compatible technology in the Retail Segment covering partners include IBM, Dell, and Compaq (1998-2001).
- Trained leading North American Retailers on how to turn data into information using current data sets and emerging business intelligence tools for a range of clients including HE Butt, Loblaws Companies, Safeway, A&P, Lanzarotta Wholesale Group (1998-2002).
- Conducted the market research for Nabisco that developed the marketing strategy that took out Decadent® from the number one spot top-selling cookie in Canada.
- Developed and conducted Strategic planning sessions for Newfoundland Liquor corporation with a sales growth of +15%.